August 14, 2023
Issuing a letter of exemption from the requirement of licensing the vessel for limited time for trial maneuverers and test purpose or Government enforcement entities vessels
To issue exemption letter to individuals or companies from vessel registration for limited time to ensure proper record is maintained and such vessels comply with Abu Dhabi rules and regulations.
Service Target Customers
Companies: Marine craft builder or private or governmental companies and establishments with Marine activities in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Service Provision Channels and Provision Timing
Website: www.admaritime.ae / E-services portal, you can communicate via email: email@example.com – available 24 hrs.
Customer centre: From 9am to 9pm (Saturday to Thursday)
- Licensing & Inspection centre for Marine Crafts- Zonescorp, Musaffah – (Abu Dhabi Region)
- Licensing & Inspection centre for Marine Crafts – Al Marfa – (AL Dhafra Region)
As per request and mentioned on the exemption letters
Service Procedures and Required Documents
- Customer shall submit a request for exemption letter for Marine Craft licence online
- Submit the required documents and pay the applicable fees.
- Copy of Emirates ID card for the owner of the Marine Craft.
- Copy of valid Abu Dhabi issued trade licence, in addition to the Emirates ID card, of the company’s shareholder or authorized manager. (for commercial Marine Craft only)
- Statement of purpose of vessel and reason for sailing in Abu Dhabi waters issued by the owner or manager of the company.
- Vessel certificates (Builder certificate)
- Copy of insurance policy detailing marine craft specifications and testing period.
- Copy of marine craft skipper`s license
Cancellation Application Validity:
The application of the marine craft license exemption shall be cancelled automatically in case of failing to fulfil all requirements within three months as of application submission date considering that paid fees will not be refunded.
Technical Inspection Procedures
Authorities participating in rendering the service
Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority – CICPA
- Issuing a letter of exemption from the requirement of licensing the vessel: 200 AED (Free until further notice)
Customer shall pay the applicable fees through online payment gate-way available at AD Maritime online applications.
The expected completion time of the service
Processing time varies depending on the vessel type, procedures and relevant Permit/NOCs/documents submission (within 24 hrs. once all requirements met)
Customers Inquiries Handling Time
All our customers’ inquiries shall be handled at the same time, or within a period that does not exceed (48) hours in case the request is needed to be addressed to another division.