October 2, 2023
Watersport Marine craft License Request
Registering and licensing of Watersport Marine craft (Personal /Commercial Water Craft) used for water sports purposes
To license and register Watersport Marine crafts, in order to implement maritime rules and regulations, ensuring that Watersport Marine crafts are constructed and manned to the acceptable standards with adequate safety requirements that will comply with the safety of the Watersport Marine craft, its operators and passenger, and ensure that the Watersport Marine crafts operate in an safe and environmentally responsible manner that does not cause incident or pollution.
Service Target Customers
Watersport Marine craft owners and operators including UAE nationals and expatriates residing in UAE.
companies and establishments with Marine activities in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Service Provision Channels and Timing
Website: admatitime.ae / E-services / Smart Applications , You can communicate via email: email@example.com – available 24 hrs.
From 8am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday), Friday from 8am to 12pm, For more information contact us on customer center number: 800102030.
- Marine craft inspection station- Zonescorp, Musaffah – (Abu Dhabi Region)
- Marine craft inspection station- Al Mirfa port – (AL Dhafra Region)
- Marine craft inspection station – Mina Zayed (Abu Dhabi Region)
- Watersport Marine craft License is valid for one year
- User may apply for renewal one month before the license expiry date
- Failing to renew the license for more than 30 days, the late renewal penalty will be calculated from the first date of license expiry
- Renewed License will be valid from next day of the previous expire date for a period of one year
Service Procedures and Required Documents
Issuing of Watersport Marine craft License Request
- Watersport Marine craft owner shall register through AD Maritime portal or smart applications and obtain a user name and password or visit AD Maritime customer center.
- Initiate an online request attaching all the required documents.
- Customer shall select the inspection appointment and pay the applicable fees.
- Complete technical inspection with AD Maritime inspector
Customer shall assure attaching clear copy of the following required documents. Original documents will be inspected during technical inspection for verification.
- Copy of valid Emirates ID card and passport copy for UAE citizens, or copy of Emirates ID card, passport and UAE residence visa for non-local considering that the customer age should not be less than 18 years old.
- For new Watersport Marine craft (PWC), customer shall provide either:
- Original copy of Watersport Marine craft builder certificate or any document from the manufacturer or supplier listing the Watersport Marine craft details.
- Original copy of proof of ownership document, or Watersport Marine craft purchase invoice attested by the authorized entity.
- For previously registered Watersport Marine craft in UAE, customer shall provide:
- Original copy of the Watersport Marine craft cancellation certificate.
- Original copy of sale agreement attested by the authorized entity.
- For imported Watersport Marine craft, customer shall provide:
- For new Watersport Marine craft: Original copy of proof of ownership document, or Watersport Marine craft purchase invoice attested by the authorized entity./li>
- For previously registered Watersport Marine craft: original copy of the Watersport Marine craft cancellation certificate, and original copy of sale agreement attested by the authorized entity./li>
- Original copy of customs clearance certificate issued by the competent authorities./li>
- Copy of mortgaged Watersport Marine craft deed.
- Valid technical inspection pass certificate for the Watersport Marine craft issued by AD Maritime
- Copy of insurance policy valid for (13) months, or its validity period shall not be less than (12) months from the date of issuance of the Watersport Marine craft’s license issued by an insurance firm licensed to operate in the Emirate.
- Copy of valid trailer registration or copy of valid annual berth contract issued by marine club or marina in the Emirate.
After completing all the procedures, the Watersport Marine craft owner can download the certificate from online portal or from the link provided by customer center. Customer can collect original from customer center or request for delivery.
License application validity
Watersport Marine craft license application shall be cancelled automatically in case of failing to fulfil all requirements within three months as of application submission date considering that paid fees will not be refunded.
Note: In case of failure to pass the inspection, please refer to the Technical Inspection procedures.
Technical Inspection Procedures
- Customer shall book the technical inspection appointment at the specified locations by AD Maritime ensuring that all the technical requirements are prepared as per the inspection check list
- In addition to the technical inspection fees, Remote inspection fees will be added in case the selected inspection location was other than the specified areas by AD Maritime.
- Customer shall ensure that the Watersport Marine craft is presented at the allocated inspection time. Failure to do so will result in “Inspection fail” and customer shall request a new inspection appointment and pay the remote inspection fees if applicable.
- The Watersport Marine crafts shall be inspected at the inspection location out of water.
- The Watersport Marine craft plate number must be fixed as per the approved UAE standards before the technical inspection is carried out, in case of renewal of license.
- Upon passing the technical inspection, AD Maritime Inspector will issue an Inspection Report, which will be valid for (30) days from inspection date. In case of Failure to submit all the required documents within the specified period, the customer shall submit a new technical inspection request and pay the applicable fees.
- If the Watersport Marine craft fails to pass the technical inspection at the first attempt or is not presented for any reason, the client shall schedule a second technical inspection appointment within (60) days.
- If the Watersport Marine craft fails to pass the technical inspection at the second attempt or is not presented for a reason, the customer shall submit a new technical inspection appointment request and pay all the applicable fees.
- In case the Watersport Marine craft fails to pass the technical inspection at the first attempt, the client will be required to rectify all deficiencies before booking a second technical inspection appointment.
- The customer can request to change the inspection appointment for a maximum of three times only, provided that he notifies AD Maritime customer center at least 24 hours before the inspection appointment. Failing to notify AD Maritime before the determined period, the Watersport Marine craft shall be considered as failed, and customer shall request for a new appointment within (5) working days from the inspection date and pay the transportation fees if applicable.
- AD Maritime has the right to cancel the Watersport Marine craft registration number if the technical inspection certificate has expired or licensing procedures were not completed.
- AD Maritime has the right to reschedule the technical inspection appointment due to adverse environmental and weather conditions with a notification to the customer.
Authorities participating in rendering the service
AD Maritime / Outsource inspectors as delegated by AD Maritime
New License Fee: 200 AED
Inspection Fee: 100 AED
Remote Inspection Fee: 300 AED
Customer shall pay the applicable fees through online payment Gate-way available at AD Maritime online applications.
Request for Technical Modification
The expected completion time of the service
Processing time varies depending on the inspection procedures considering the inspection location.
The service requires the Watersport Marine craft owner or a representative to either book remote inspection or bring the Watersport Marine craft at designated center location by AD Maritime with the original documents for verification.
Customers Inquiries Handling Time
All our customers’ inquiries shall be handled at the same time, or within a period that does not exceed (48) hours in case the request is needed to be addressed to another division